It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 pm 

Hi Julie,

I've been using IFA for a couple of weeks and have a few small suggestions.

1) Set the <title> tag for the pages. Right now it's not set so the browser shows the URL... I usually have more than one tab open at a time (schedule in one, invoices on another, etc) so it would be nice to see which one is the one I'm looking for without clicking.

2) Order the appointments list in ascending order of date and time by default. Right now it's backwards, I'm not sure if there's a utility for that which I'm not seeing. I know I can double click to change the order, but the default order should be the most useful one, I think.

3) Order the horse list when adding/editing appointments by horse name by default. Right now as far as I can see it's unordered. Again, I know I can click on the header to reorder, but shouldn't it start ordered already, especially if you have multiple pages of horses to look through?

4) When adding invoices, could we have an option or setting to filter out non-horse owners and barns from the contact list? Or better yet, start with just horse owners and barns, with an option to ADD other types of contacts? I never issue any invoices to my suppliers and such, but have to keep scrolling through a now much bigger list to find my actual clients, it's annoying especially on the mobile where I can't type the beginning of the name to jump to it.

5) When adding a new appointment, unless you clicked on a specific time slot, could you set the initial time to the next available on that date? Right now it starts as either blank or zeros, depending on how you get to the screen. For example if I'm clicking on tomorrow to add a new appointment and I already have an appointment from 8am to 1pm, could the starting time be set to something like 1:30pm and the end to 1 hour later? As it is, I always have to change the times anyway, if you fill it out with the next time slot there's a good chance it will be the correct one already.

These are all minor inconveniences, so far iFA has worked out great. Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: Suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:12 pm 

Also, you could use
Code:
<input type=number>
on numeric fields like amounts and such, it would help when using iFA on phones or tablets, we'd get a numeric keyboard by default. Older browsers that don't support HTML5 default to text.

This page explains it: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_form_input_types.asp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mauro,

Thanks very much for your suggestions!

Most are fairly straightforward and could be implemented soon. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again ~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:59 pm 

Hey Julie,

Thanks. There's one more for you, something that Forge Ahead used to do but iFA isn't doing... if I have a barn scheduled with horses for multiple clients in it, the appointment detail report used to show if clients have any balance in their accounts. Now it doesn't unless the appointment is for each single client, not the barn. This is what it looks like with the same data:

On Forge Ahead:

On iForgeAhead:

Now I have to go elsewhere to see if I'm owed money at a barn when I'm looking at my schedule. It's not hard to do but the link to the detail report is right there in the schedule screen, so it would be more practical. Can it be added back?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:25 pm 

Hey Julie,

Can I keep adding to this list? Sorry, I've been having ideas as I use the system... hopefully you can use some of them.

1) Now that I'm able to e-mail invoices right on my phone, I've been asking my clients what they prefer, paper or e-mail. The problem is, there's no place to mark that down, unless I write it in the user fields in the Contacts... which is kinda clunky to look up when I'm writing up an invoice. Would it be possible to add a setting to the Contacts, something like "preferred invoice type" so we could set it to e-mail or paper? This way you could show it right on the invoice screen, on the Print/Email link (maybe make the preferred one bold or uppercase, or add an * to it)

2) Add a "create an invoice from this appointment" option in the schedule. Right now there's a "copy prior invoice" option in the invoice screen, but I have several barns/clients with many horses that I go to, and every week is a different group of horses (which sometimes can be like 10-15 horses). I can't just copy the prior invoice because it would be for a different group of horses, but if the system could look into the appointment and repeat what was done last time to those horses, that would be super helpful.

Thanks again! Let me know if I should stop suggesting stuff :-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your suggestions ... no problem to keep adding here as you think of them.

I'm surprised about the issue with money owed not showing up on the Detailed Appointments report. It should be there; we didn't have a reason to exclude it. I'll check into it.

We're about to launch a large upgrade early next week, mostly related to appointment reminders. Will try to get some of these addressed in the upgrade after that.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

The first three items you mentioned have been implemented in the upgrade on April 19, 2015:

1. Title tags have been added to all pages for browser window identification.
2. The Appointments list allows you to save your preferred sort order (see screenshot below)
3. The Horses Scheduled list in the appointment screen is sorted alphabetically by horse.

The other items you suggested are on our list for a future upgrade.

Thanks!

Attachments:
ApptListDefaultSort.png
ApptListDefaultSort.png [ 63.65 KiB | Viewed 14568 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:10 pm 

One more about default sort order... can you set the default order in both the invoice and payment lists to last to first? The lists have the entries ordered by descending by date and ascending by invoice number (and the internal payment id), so the order is all wonky. See screenshot below.

I know I can click on the invoice number header, but that should be the default sort order, like it is in the desktop version. Plus you have to click twice on the header to get the descending order.

Attachment:
screeshot-invoices.jpg
screeshot-invoices.jpg [ 51.73 KiB | Viewed 14197 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

The following suggestions from above have now been added to iForgeAhead:

When starting a new appointment, a default time range is entered for you.

Also, your suggestion to create an invoice from a specific invoice was implemented in April, but in a slightly different way. Now when clicking the "Copy Prior Invoice" link, you will be able to select from a list of the client's previous invoices. The list includes the total amount as well as which horses were included in each invoice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 am 
Site Admin

The following suggestion has been added to iForgeAhead:

You can now track which clients prefer emailed invoices and which prefer printed invoices, and their preference is indicated when working with there invoice.

Additional information is available here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=477