It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Horses Look Up List
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm 

Would it be possible to add a column to this listing between "Due Date" and "Inactive". I use the Horse Due Report all the time in the software version for a sanity check to make sure I have everyone scheduled that is due. The upcoming appointments is great on the home page for a quick schedule check for whats coming up, but I think adding the additional column would be a huge benefit. I have attached a screen shot. It would also be nice to be able to sort this column, and the Due Date column.

Thank you :>)

Attachments:
File comment: Add column to show currently scheduled date. A great at a glance to make sure you've not missed anyone that is coming up due.
Add  scheduled date column.jpg
Add scheduled date column.jpg [ 31.11 KiB | Viewed 5502 times ]

Post subject: Re: Horses Look Up List
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

GREAT SUGGESTION!!!

The Horses Due Report is one of the top priority reports to get completed, but we can also implement your suggestion as well.

The "Due Date" is a calculated value (not a value stored in the database), and the standard tool used to provide these lists does not permit sorting on calculated fields. However, we have since purchased advanced controls that include a list which does support sorting on calced fields. This advanced list control is already in use in other areas of the system, such as invoices and payments. I'll just need to go back to the Horses and Contacts list and re-create them with the new list control.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm 

For now I go to the contact list and go to the horses and hit the sort by button onthe date last visit colum at the top to change the sort order that will bring the horses due for that client to the top then I print the page

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 am 
Site Admin

The Horses Lookup List has been enhanced to include a "Scheduled" / Next Appointment column, and you can sort on this column as well as on the Due Date column.

These new features are available in both the full-screen and mobile sides.

Please see this topic for more information and a tutorial on using these features to determine which horses are due when, as well as which horses haven't been scheduled yet: http://www.backroadsdata.com/iFAforums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=175

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm 

The new features are working great! Really helps to keep on top of all the horses!