It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:47 am 
Site Admin

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for Everyone

Is there an iForgeAhead app for my iPhone/Droid/iPad/tablet?
iForgeAhead works on all of these, because is a web-based application that can be used from any device with internet access, so there’s nothing to install and nothing that is custom for your device. You simply use your internet browser on any device to login and use the system.

If you will need to work with your records at times when you don't have internet service, the iFA Remote App can be installed on your mobile device or computer.

How do I install iForgeAhead?
You don’t need to install anything! You simply go to http://www.iforgeahead.com from any device and login!

How do I get upgrades with new features?
Just by logging in as usual! As a web-based system we can easily add new features at any time, and there’s nothing you need to do to access them. We will continually be adding to iForgeAhead, so check the Announcements panel when you login or the iForgeAhead forums to learn what’s new!

Do I need internet service to use iForgeAhead?
Sometimes. The main iForgeAhead system requires internet access, but the iFA Remote App can be used offline - for times when you don't have internet service.

What is the IFA Remote App?
The optional iFA Remote App - also known as iFAr - allows you to work with your business records without internet service. It is an optional add-on to iForgeAhead, and can be used on iPhones, iPads, Droid phones and tablets, as well as Windows and Mac computers.

While iFAr does not include all the features of iForgeAhead, it does provide those you would need most frequently while offline, such as looking up contact, horse and schedule information, as well as capturing new records. When you later have internet access again, you can sync the new information from the app into iForgeAhead.

How much does it cost?
Like all web-based applications, iForgeAhead is provided as a subscription service – there is a monthly fee to use the system, as we have ongoing costs for web hosting, security and data backups.

You can test-drive iForgeAhead at no cost for 30 days; after that it is $20 / month. This fee will be charged automatically each month, and you can cancel at any time.

The optional iFA Remote App is available for $2 / month (billed annually at $24 / year). This fee covers all upgrades, and allows you to install the app on as many devices as needed, for all users of your account. It also has a 30-day Free Trial, and can be cancelled at any time.

How do I make backups of my data?
You don’t need to – we do it for you! Backup copies of your data are created once each day – automatically.

How is my data protected?
Backup copies of your data are created automatically once each day. In addition, the servers that store your data are extremely secure and managed by a team of experts using state-of-the-art technologies.

What if my computer/phone/tablet is lost or damaged?
If this happens, your iForgeAhead system and data are unaffected, ready for you to access from any other device. There’s nothing to re-install or restore, simply go to http://www.iforgeahead.com from any other device, log-in, and pickup where you left off.

Is it hard to learn how to use?
While any new system has a learning curve, we have been building farrier-specific software for over a decade and we pride ourselves on making easy-to-use tools that make running your business easier, not harder.

iForgeAhead includes an extensive video library of brief tutorials that visually demonstrate how to work with various aspects of the system.

In addition, the iForgeAhead forum is a virtual community of iForgeAhead users and developers, providing valuable how-to information and tips, answering questions, and accepting suggestions for upcoming features.

You can also contact us directly by email or phone to get assistance.

Can someone else in my business use iForgeAhead at the same time as I’m using it?
Yes! You can add up to two additional users to your iForgeAhead account, and all users can access the system at any time. Since you are all accessing the same database, there’s no need to worry about who has which set of records or transferring data – changes made by one user will instantly be visible to the other users as well.

What happens at the end of the trial period?
During the trial period, you are using the actual iForgeAhead system and any data that you enter during the trial period will be retained when you subscribe.

If you do not subscribe, your data will be retained for 60 days, during which time you can begin subscribing to iForgeAhead and will pick up right where you left off. If you do not subscribe within 60 days of the end of your trial period, your iForgeAhead data will be deleted.

What happens if I cancel my account?
When you subscribe to iForgeAhead, your credit card will automatically be charged $20 each month. You can cancel at any time, and will not be charged again after your cancellation is received. The data that you’ve already entered into iForgeAhead will be saved for 60 days, during which time you can renew your subscription and pick up right where you left off. After 60 days, your data will be permanently deleted.