It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FAQs for People Currently Using Forge Ahead
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:20 am 
Site Admin

FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions for People Currently Using Forge Ahead

How do I upgrade to iForgeAhead?
iForgeAhead is not an upgrade, it is a completely new program built on completely different technology. You have the option to continue using Forge Ahead, or to switch to iForgeAhead.

What are the main differences between Forge Ahead and iForgeAhead?
  • Manage your business from any device with internet access
  • No need to install / reinstall the program or upgrades – just login and it’s all available to you.
  • No need to back up your data – we take care of that for you
  • Easy emailing of invoices and appointment reminders to enhance communications with your clients.
  • New features such as videos in horse records, appointment categories (defined by you) that display in different colors, overlapping appointments, and user-defined fields.

Do I need to re-enter all my data into iForgeAhead?
No! You can start over if you’d like, or you can migrate your Forge Ahead records into iForgeAhead to start using iForgeAhead with the data from your Forge Ahead program.

Can I use both iForgeAhead and Forge Ahead?
Forge Ahead and iForgeAhead are completely separate programs, so after your iForgeAhead trial period you’ll want to use one or the other going forward.

Except for the migration tool that allows you to transfer your Forge Ahead data into iForgeAhead when you get started, the two programs do not interact. Your Forge Ahead program will remain on your PC, but you should use one or the other to avoid entering data into two systems.

Do I have to switch from Forge Ahead to iForgeAhead?
No, you absolutely can continue using Forge Ahead. iForgeAhead is an option for those who want to manage their business from a variety of devices and not just a PC.

Is there a HoofTrak version of iForgeAhead?
HoofTrak was an optional add-on module of Forge Ahead that allowed you to track detailed hoof information over time. This feature is included in iForgeAhead!

Is there a Multi-Farrier version of iForgeAhead?
The Multi-Farrier version of iForgeAhead will be available in the summer of 2012.